15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 heaping tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. lemon peel, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine ricotta, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and salt in a large bowl with a mixer on low speed.
2. Slowly add the flour and baking soda to the mixture. Once dry ingredients are incorporated, add the lemon peel.
3. Spoon teaspoon-sized dough balls onto greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through. Remove from oven and cool on a cookie rack. Yield: 44 cookies
1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter, stirring after 1 minute and every 30 seconds thereafter. Stir in milk and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
3. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/3 pounds (81 pieces).
Nutty Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (Can roll with rolling pin or use food processor until finely ground)
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (Could use quick-cooking oats)
1/2 cup ground walnuts or nuts of your choice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons, melted
Combine all ingredients and press into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Cream Cheese Filling (This is like the cherry cream cheese pie filling we have all made before)
1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine ingredients and mix on high for 3 or 4 minutes. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Fresh Blueberry Topping
2 cups fresh blueberries (you could use frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine all topping ingredients except lemon juice and bring to boil on top of the stove stirring constantly so as not to burn. Cook for 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from stove, stir in lemon juice and let cool. Pour over cheesecake after it has been refrigerated for 3 hours.
Keep this cheesecake refrigerated. Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Enjoy! Note: You could use any fresh fruit with this recipe such as strawberries or blackberries.