1 small onion
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
2 lbs chopped cooked chicken breasts or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped pimiento or 1/2 cup sauteed red bell peppers or 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 Preheat oven to 350.
2 Grease the bottom and sides of an 11×7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
3 Chop the onion.
4 Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and saute until tender.
5 Combine cooked onion, soup, chicken, milk, pimiento, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
6 Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
7 Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
8 Arrange biscuits decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
9 Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.
8 Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless, organic
3 cups Flour, all-purpose, organic
4 tbsp. Sunflower Oil
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Rinse the chicken thoroughly.
3. Mix all spices together.
4. In a separate bowl add half of the seasoning mix to the Sunflower oil.
5. Add another half of the seasoning mix to the separate bowl with a flour.
6. Brush each chicken thigh thoroughly with the oil and spice mixture and rub well with the flour mix.
7. Place chicken on a non-stick baking tray.
8. Bake chicken for 30 to 35 minutes at 300 F. Then turn oven to 475 F and bake for 15 minutes (flip chicken during the middle of the cooking process) until golden and crispy and a minimum internal temperature of 165 F or greater as measured by a meat thermometer.
What you need :
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
6 bacon slices
1/4 cup regular mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
How to make it :
First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
Remove bacon and set aside. ***Do not discard grease.***
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9″ × 13″ casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce that you made.
Serving : 12