1 c. butter
1 c. Dr. Pepper
4 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Heat butter, cocoa and Dr. Pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Cream eggs, sugar and butter, milk and baking soda. Add flour and cinnamon alternately with Dr. Pepper mixture, then vanilla.
Pour into greased and floured 9 x 12 inch pan and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. Ice with Dr. Pepper Icing.
DR. PEPPER ICING:
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. Dr. Pepper
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 (16 oz.) box confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts
Heat butter, cocoa and Dr. Pepper and blend well. Stir in other ingredients. Mix thoroughly and ice cake
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
1 1/2 cups shortening
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) room temp
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 32 oz bag powdered sugar
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1) Cream the butter and shortening with an electric mixer.
2) Add the vanilla and blend.
3) Gradually add sugar 1 cup at a time, beating on medium speed. Stop periodically to scrap the sides.
4) As it starts to get dry, add the cream. Keep mixing until it is fluffy and smooth.
5) If you want to add color, sprinkle in a few drops of food coloring and blend again.
6) Spread or pipe onto your cake.
1 box angel food cake
1 box chocolate cake
3 tablespoons cake mixture
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chip (optional)
Pour angel food cake and chocolate cake mix into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Place in an airtight container and store for up to six months.
Measure out cake mixture, water and vanilla in a mug and stir to combine.
Drop in chocolate chips.
Place in microwave for one minute.
Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles, cherry, whatever suits your fancy!