The Duncan Law School
of Lincoln Memorial University
This building was used as a hospital for Confederate forces from their occupation of Knoxville until September, 1863; thereafter similarly by the Federals.
It was formerly the main building for the Tennessee School for the Deaf, which was located on these premises from 1846 to 1924. The school was then moved to Island Home and this building became the Knoxville City Hall.